Racer notes from FMRA president Mike Nelson:
1) In the effort of safety we would ask drivers that once you are lapped by the leader. To move to the bottom grove and hold that line for the whole track unless you are going trying to overtake a car in front of you.
2) Since we are racing at multiple tracks, we have to adapt to what the track owner feels that is best to put on a good show. This includes no heats, features only , 15 /20/25/30 lap races for the features. That being said each of the flagmen control the racing surface differently. Once the flagman makes a decision (right or wrong) we have to accept it and move on. Going forward a board member will talk to the flagman before each race to inform him of our racing guidelines (starts, restart, cars that have spun, lapped cars ect..). All we can do is suggest , we can not dictate our rules to the flagman. In the end it is his surface to control.
3) FMRA and the tracks that give us the opportunity to race will not put up with rough driving or actions of retaliation on track.
Thank you for your time , Mike
The FMRA would like to thank the racers , friends & family that came out to the July 30th Showtime Speedway race!
Race results for Showtime race 7/30/16: Jimmy finds victory lane again!
1st. Jimmy Wilkins
2nd. Rob Kohler
3rd. Mike Belusar
4th. Mike Nelson
5th. Stu Chamberlain
Tire Supply change:
1) American Racing Tire Co. has changed distribution in the SE.
Our new tire distributer contact information is:
American Racing Tires South
601 Lake Way Place
828-360-5353 or TF 844-768-8427
FMRA mid-season rules changes:
1).Change approved vote 10 yes / 0 no, effective date if 1st race 2017.
*Change to: All engines must be 5 years and
older. (example motors must be 2011 or earlier)
2). Change approved vote 7 yes / 3 no ,effective next race
· Weight shall be a minimum of 625 lbs. after the feature race. Maximum weight shall be 800 lbs. with normal amounts of fluids and without the driver.
Weight of car and driver shall be a minimum of 800 lbs.
after the feature race with normal amounts of fluids.
3). All cars will need to run racing receivers with a effective date of next race. (this is coming from DSS as a track rule)
This is a one-way radio system that the track tower can let a driver know of yellow flags and lining up for restarts ect.. DSS + Showtime are already using this system for regular classes and are asking us to do the same. Mike N. has talked to the RaceCeiver Co. and they will cut us a deal for the club.
RaceCeiver kit $85.00 for FMRA members.
1/ RaceCeiver, ear buds, + clip for $85.00( reg 100-120)
FMRA is proud to have Q Auto & Injury as a series sponsor for 2016:
Q Auto & Injury Attorneys: Bradenton , FL
Toll Free 1-800-332-1992